Thứ Bảy, 11 tháng 7, 2015

Rainy Day

Every now and then it's lovely to have a rainy day.  A proper one.  One where you can't go outside at all.  Today is such a day.  In fact it's meant to be the coldest weather that Victoria has been hit with in the last two years!  This cold snap is brought to us courtesy of Antarctica apparently, and snow is expected as low as 500 metres, which for Australia is pretty darn cold!  Looking out my window now there is a steady drizzle but no snow.  Snow would be kind of fun, especially for the kids, but I am feeling sorry for our lambs right now.  My husband moved them onto our turnip crop yesterday, so hopefully that is offering them a little more shelter.

Today I have spent the day tidying up and dabbling in the simple joy of baking.  School goes back tomorrow with the start of Term 3 so lunch boxes will need to be filled and what better treat to pack them with than Jam Drops.  This was my first attempt, and I really must say....they are DELICIOUS! 
They are lovely and light, a little bit crispy, decadently buttery and the splodge of jammy goodness in the middle gives them a sweet burst of flavour.  I'll be making these again for sure!
 
 





0 nhận xét:

Đăng nhận xét