Thứ Bảy, 14 tháng 2, 2015

My Weekly Favourites

Happy Valentine's Day for yesterday!  I missed the last couple of days of posting, but my excuse is I've had a cold...and really I've been flat out getting articles and photos in for the magazine I work for as the deadline for the Autumn edition was this Tuesday and I've been under the pump for probably the last 6 weeks.  Thankfully now I will get a few weeks of a slower pace before I have to start going out and doing more stories for the Winter edition. 

Anyway, here are my weekly favourites from the week that was....
This incredibly cute lunch box that I got for my daughter which I ordered online from my favourite stationery store, Kikki K.
Also from Kikki K this very pretty 'Reflection Journal' to fill with all my daily....well...reflections.
Keeping up the 'cuteness' theme, I found this little tin while buying a present for a newborn this week and just had to have it.  It's sitting on my desk at the moment but will probably end up in my daughter's room.
A couple of books I got.  'Social Photography - Make all your smartphone photos one in a billion' by Daniela Bowker, and 'Love Tanya' by Tanya Burr...which I got just out of curiosity, just to see what other bloggers are doing when it comes to publishing (a dream of mine is to publish my own book....)
I ordered tickets last week, which arrived in the mail the other day, to see The Australian Ballet's performance of 'Cinderella' in June.  I'm taking my 11 year old son who has now done his second classical ballet class and is showing so much potential already.  His teacher is super impressed, and after his class the other day said that she normally doesn't start teaching a student leaps by only their second class....but apparently he's 'like a sponge' and is doing really well.  Why am I turning into such a dance Mum??  I also enrolled him in a special Boy's Class being run by the Australian Ballet, which is one Saturday in June, where he will have a 2 and a half hour class with other boys aged 9 to 14, and he will get taught by a male dancer FROM the Australian Ballet.  What an experience!  I guess I'm also trying to be really encouraging because it is going to be one of those things where he is likely to cop a lot of flack from mates....so I'm trying to get him to see how brilliant it could be.
Yes, my daughter is one of my favourites, but how cute are these little sunglasses I bought her from Pumpkin Patch!  She thinks she looks pretty good in them.
I braved Ikea yesterday.  All I can say is 'never again.'  Or maybe 'not for a long, long time.'  I bought this chair so I could put it in front of my little desk (I don't have the luxury of an office, so I have a 'little corner').  As well as this pretty chair I got this lovely cushion!

 
I had to go back to the Wild Dog Winery to take foot shots for an advertisement for the magazine.  They made this Barramundi for me to take photos of.  Then I got to eat it!!
They also made this 'Chocolate Eggshell' dessert, which I didn't get to eat, but my husband and I went there last night for dinner for Valentine's Day and he ordered this for his dessert.  Apparently it was delicious!

 











0 nhận xét:

Đăng nhận xét