Thứ Hai, 13 tháng 7, 2015

Audrey and Retro Baking

I got some gorgeous new books today.  It was raining again, the cold front is still wagging it's tail, and I don't know about you but it makes me want to buy books.  I had to drop a cheque into the bank and as the book store is two shops down I found myself wandering in.

In keeping with my new desire to get baking I perused the cook book aisle and found this...
How perfect it is to fit with my new 1950s lifestyle!  Cook books are now so much more than pages of recipes.  They are a real visual feast as well.  See...
...and they give you so much more than lists of ingredients and methods.  They bring you so much joy and wisdom.
I have decided that I am going to bake my way through it and try and bring you something new each week.  Starting with these....
I also found a fabulous book about living with grace and style and thought it would be illuminating to read!
'What Would Audrey Do? - Timeless Lessons for Living with Grace and Style', by Pamela Keogh.  I'll let you know how it goes.
 
If you are interested in what I wore today, this was my 1950s inspired outfit...
This skirt was $3 at the charity store by the way!
I know...I have teeny tiny feet.  But how cute are these shoes!?!
 

 
 









0 nhận xét:

Đăng nhận xét