Thứ Bảy, 4 tháng 10, 2014

Meet The Animals

This weekend I thought I would make a little video to introduce you to the animals that I come across on a regular basis.  Here I show you our sheep and lambs, the horses, my cow (!) and all the dogs that reside at the farm.  We just happened to be marking our lambs this weekend so you will get to see some drafting (sorting out the ewes from the lambs), marking (turning boy lambs into wether's or 'its') and de-tailing (I don't show anything gory I promise).  I also did some filming of my husband shearing but I will show you this later on this week!

Hope you enjoy having a look at what we get up to on the farm!
*  Please note, for those who are concerned about the de-tailing of lambs, it is a necessary thing to do.  Sheep very easily get messy bottoms (poop everywhere), and as a result the flies are attracted to them.  They often lay eggs in this area, which hatch and become maggots...which then feed on the sheep's bottom.  By de-tailing lambs it makes it easier to crutch the sheep (remove the wool from this area) and keep the sheep free from this problem.


0 nhận xét:

Đăng nhận xét