Thứ Hai, 8 tháng 9, 2014

August Favourites

It has been quite a big month here.  As well as all my usual daily bits and bobs to do I have decided that I am going to push this blog as far as it can go and see where it can take me.  I have had this blog for a while but only in the last month have I really focused on growing it and really setting myself some goals.  Already it has been quite a journey.
 
I have learnt so much, even in the last few weeks.  Little things, that might not seem like much to some, but to me (and my blog), have made a huge difference.  For example, changing the look of it with a complete redesign, (thanks to Designer Blogs) and also spending a lot of time becoming a part of the blogging community.  Discovering new blogs, finding so many creative people, has been really exciting...and it's kind of addictive!  Even this evening I learnt how to make this photo collage, thanks to Zoe over at Sweet Electric who wrote a post today on how she edits her beautiful photographs.  A big thank you to Zoe!  I had actually been wondering for a couple of weeks how and where I was going to be able to achieve this look which I think looks rather snappy.
 
Anyway, as well as deciding on a direction for my space, and spending a huge amount of time devoted to it, I have also found a few August Favourites!
 
Here they are!....
Is this not the cutest bag ever!  Ok, as well as the horse, it is actually a lunch bag!  Ah..sneaky!  So it's actually insulated, which means that this will keep my little girl's lunch nice and cool, because I really did buy this for her for when she grows up a bit more and has to take a packed lunch.  Probably in another two years time.  Designed in Canada it's from So Young
I'm still really impressed with this Mor Lip Macaron in French Vanilla.  It has quite a dent in it already.  I can't quite get over the fact that it smells exactly like vanilla ice cream, and since ice cream is it's own food group in my book, this will be one that I will get again. 
Ok, so I found this bubble bath in my local chemist and it was on special!  Yay!  This smells gorgeous too, and although slightly floral it definitely has notes of honey in there.  Being tear free it's been great for my kids, especially my baby girl.  The kids love bubbles, but then what kid doesn't!
I love the posters that were made for me especially by Nicola and Eloise from It's a Jolly Thing which I am yet to get framed.  Been a little busy.  I think they will look super cute on my children's walls.  As long as they don't knock them down while they play 'jump from bed to bed' it will be all ok. 
And finally, there is String and Salt which is now one of my new favourite shops, and has already siphoned a fair bit of money out of me.  I bought a gorgeous French recipe/travel type book for my Mum here, the horse lunch bag came from here and there were a few other things....I just can't remember them right now.  Perhaps it's selective memory that you suddenly get when your husband asks where all the money went....
 
Hope everyone's August was as fruitful as mine!





 






0 nhận xét:

Đăng nhận xét