Chủ Nhật, 14 tháng 9, 2014

The Perfect Weekend

Yesterday was a fantastic Sunday.  Not cold, nice and sunny, the perfect Spring day.  There was also this lovely sunset just as I was out in the ute with my husband checking the ewes and their lambs.
 
My parents had organised a big family catch up, you know, all the extended relatives, and it was really great.  My brother came across from the Western District of Victoria, my sister came down from Melbourne and even a cousin (who I haven't seen since she was a baby...she's now in her early 20s), had come down from Brisbane!  Basically I saw family members that I haven't seen for years.
 
So I got a big group photo...
That's me with the big arrow pointing at me head!  My husband is on the end behind me holding our three year old.  My sister is the brunette in front of me.  Mum is the red head to my left, my brother is next to her and Dad is sitting next to him.  The rest are uncles and aunts, nieces, a second cousin and I suppose you would call her daughters third cousins, a couple of partners to relos, a bunch of nieces and my kids seem to make up a bulk of the photo...(I guess that is what happens when you have four.)  There is also an alarming number of red heads in the photo.
 
I wanted everyone to build a pyramid for the photo..you know, get down on their hands and knees and stack up in a pile, but strangely no one liked that idea.
 
It was a great day filled with multiple casseroles cooked by Mum, a birthday cake for Dad's birthday (plus a few others whose birthday's fall in September) and a great tribe of children having a wonderful time.
I just couldn't resist sharing this cute photo I took of one of my nieces and my baby girl.
 
After all the fun, and everyone started to go home, I went out to my in-law's farm where my husband had disappeared to early, as he needs to keep checking our ewes that are still lambing.  We piled the kids into his old ute (which is aptly named "The War Bus"), and off we went to the back paddock.
There are lambs literally everywhere.

Unfortunately I wasn't close enough to get a shot of the group of about 20 lambs that were playing some kind of chasing game.  They were running about in a mob, up and over the hills, sweeping over like a wave in the ocean, with the occasional froth and bubble when a lamb would leap up and kick their heels up.  They are very springy!  If I was closer I would have filmed it and attempted my first YouTube video to add to this blog.  Maybe one day!

All in all a very good weekend!
How was your weekend?!







 





0 nhận xét:

Đăng nhận xét