Thứ Sáu, 3 tháng 1, 2014

Going Crazy

Does anyone else find themselves feeling like this or is it just me?

We're barely into the school holidays and I'm going crazy.  Even though only one of my kids is at school the holidays do mean that all other activities cease and I'm stuck day after day after day after day after.... yep, you get the picture.... at home. 

And the dog seems to love barking at my eldest when he plays on the swings or the trampoline, which happens a lot during the day.

This is my dog..

 
 
 
Yes, I know..her ears are stupidly huge.  She's a kelpie and bored too.  Just like me.  So she chases birds and barks at my eldest, without a pause for breath, and chews everything in sight.  She drives me nuts too...but I think she's feeling a lot like me.  A bit trapped.

There is a big part of me that hates being a stay at home mum.  Not to whinge, but really, I'd do anything to be able to have the freedom that my hubby does.  Even if it did mean shearing a whole heap of sheep every day.  How great would it be to be able to get into the car without taking 15 minutes getting everyone organised and strapped in.  Not having to make sure I have several spare pairs of undies and pants for the pre-schoolers and a whole swag of necessities for the baby.  How great would it be to be able to ring home (like hubby) and say "I'm not going to be home for hours, I'm raking hay (or I'm having a few drinks after work...or worse..I'll be really really late because we're on the piss)."

The fact is I don't get out with friends nor do I have much of a social life so it makes it ten times worse when my husband goes out and has a good time.  Not that I am denying him this, he works really hard and is more than entitled to have some fun, it's just that I do too and don't get rewarded for it by getting to share a drink with my work colleagues.  I mean, (and all you other mothers would know exactly what I am talking about), I do work hard.  And I don't even get paid for it either.  It never stops this childcare thing.  Combine that with the house keeping and washing and cleaning and cooking and the constant picking up after the kids and wiping little bums.  It really is about ten different careers combined into one.  In reality I should be on a six-figure wage.

Sorry, I don't mean to sound ungrateful.  I mean my kids are great and all, I just get a little tired of doing nothing else but be stuck at home with them.  Grrrrr.  The last couple of days have been particularly trying and I must admit I have no patience whatsoever. 

Anyway, I shall pour myself another cup of tea (perhaps lace it with something a lot stronger), and think about how I am going to keep myself amused for the rest of the day...well, the rest of the year actually.  If anyone has any suggestions about how to be a super fabulous stay at home mum, please, by all means, be forthcoming.

0 nhận xét:

Đăng nhận xét