Thứ Sáu, 17 tháng 10, 2014

The Parcel

I always like getting parcels in the mail.  Always.  Even when it's only shearing gear for my husband (like the gigantic box that arrived two days ago)...anything better than bills right?  Anyway, for the first time Marie Claire magazine here in Australia has launched a beauty box aptly named 'The Parcel' and this is the one they have sent out for Spring.
 
I have seen these types of boxes reviewed by other bloggers, but only those in the UK, and I had never seen or heard of them in Australia.  Perhaps they are about, (and have been for ages) but maybe I've just been living under an un-beautified rock.  So I saw this advertised on television and thought I would order one.  For $25 it wasn't too bad and happily it arrived today.  Yay...The Parcel in my mailbox!
On opening it this was what I saw.  Hmmm...  A few mini samples and two full sized products, not too bad.
 
Here's what it contained....
Pantene Pro-v Daily Moisture Renewal Shampoo and Conditioner
 
These smell really nice and are mini versions so they will fit nicely in my beauty bag when (or should I say 'if') I happen to go away!  Always handy to keep these bottles to re-fill later.  I am looking forward to trying these actually because of my chlorine ravaged hair, although the truth be told it has been holding up quite well, perhaps because of the Argan Oil infused shampoo I'm currently using and the copious amounts of conditioner I wad all over my head.  This product promises some intense moisturising action which will be great.
 
L'Oreal Elnett Satin Purse-Size Hairspray
 
I actually don't use hairspray.  In fact I often forget to brush my hair because it's always in a ponytail or scrappy bun thing at the back of my head...even when I sleep.  There is a possibility that I might use it in the future sometime so I will pop it in the kids bathroom for the moment.  It does, however, smell ok (for a hairspray) and when I spritzed some on my hand it wasn't sticky.  I know!  Weird!  But in a good way. I do like the size though...kind of mini...like me.   I don't know...perhaps I will start using it when my 15 month old daughter grows up and I'm forced to turn into a 'ballet mum'??  (Fingers crossed she will be in to pony club instead.  In that case I might be able to use it on the horse when doing it's mane and tail in those fancy braid things.)
 
Lancôme Visionnaire Advanced Skin Corrector
 
This is a little mini sample but I think there will be enough to give it a bit of a run and see whether it does what it promises.  With a claim to visibly correct wrinkles (!), pores and the skin's texture in six weeks I am quite interested to give it a go, although the little bottle is certainly not going to last me six weeks!  But I'll give it a try and perhaps it could be my new wrinkle blaster.
 
Revlon ColorStay Moisture Stains
 
This was a full sized product and I received the colour 030 - Milan Moment.  In the tube it looks a red-orange, which looked like a colour that would suit me (I'm 'an Autumn' - ie. auburn hair, green eyes, look best in brown, pinks, orange etc), but when I put this on it came out way more orange and to me it was quite disturbing.  Probably only because I'm not used to glossy lips (although it wasn't too glossy), but it certainly was more orange than I am used to.  It did, however, make my eyes look really green, which sort of shift between khaki, murky brown, brilliant green....depending on the light/my mood/what I'm wearing/what I ate for dinner/what colour my undies are....(no...just kidding).  Anyway, I think if I smudge it on with a finger it might be more do-able for me.
 
Gwen Stefani by O.P.I Nail Lacquer
 
This was also a full sized product and I am a little freaked out by this as it is not a colour but a little jar of glitter!  It's all silver sparkles with the occasional colour bit thrown in for good measure and I'm not sure what to do with it.  Hmmm....I just popped some on my pinky finger nail and it's very Christmas festive like and it matches my spotty pyjama bottoms.  Not sure if that was the intention but it is kind of fun.  Probably wouldn't wear it to a job interview but a New Year's Eve party would be fine.
 
Benefit They're Real! Push-Up Liner and They're Real! Mascara
 
The liner thingo is pretty nifty, although I was a bit baffled at first.  It has what they call an AccuFlex tip, which basically just looks like an old finished pen nip (sort of sideways), and it looks like the liner is squeezed out through this tip and it then draws on your liner really easily.  I don't wear dark liquid liner or do the whole smokey eye thing.  Perhaps if I went out in the evenings I would but I think it looks easy to use.  I was pretty chuffed about the mascara.  It's so teeny tiny!  And so cute.  Reminds me of that line in the movie 'Despicable Me'....."Oh..it's a little teeny tiny toilet....curse you tiny toilet!"  Sorry, I'm getting distracted.  The mascara.  This is a great mascara and it doesn't clump either which I always find is a problem.  Probably the difference between me normally buying cheap mascaras in the supermarket and this one coming in at $38 for the full sized version.  Go figure.  Anyway, I really like it!
 
So...this was my first experience with a beauty box.  It entertained me for a good half an hour trying out all the bits and bobs.  Have you tried any of these products?
 





0 nhận xét:

Đăng nhận xét