Thứ Hai, 1 tháng 9, 2014

Lanolips

You know when you find one of those magic products and you get kind of excited about it?  Yep, well this would be Lanolips.  Ok, so I was initially attracted to the packaging (like I always am with cosmetics....I mean, come on....it has a sheep with lipstick on the tube!!), but it is the 101 uses of the Lanolips 101 Ointment that is a big winner in my book.

Now I'm pretty accustomed to lanolin.  I mean my husband brings it home on his dungarees (shearing pants) everyday from work.  It coats the front of his dungas and is a big horrible sticky mess and is quite hard to get out in the wash (I've discovered you have to spray the fronts with stain remover to get rid of it properly). 

The lanolin is what is within a sheep's wool, and if you've never picked up wool straight off the sheep's back, it is greasy and quite sticky, but after you've been handling it you have lovely soft hands. 


This is not the grade of lanolin that is in Lanolips 101 Ointment, but rather an Ultra-refined Medical Grade lanolin, but it is still essentially the same stuff.  And it's fabulous to use on everything from chapped lips, torn cuticles and really dry or even itchy skin. 

It's very thick in the tube, but you simply squish it around to warm it up between your hands and you're good to go.  I love it.  It's also good for babies, including newborns.

This being the original product that started it all, there are a few other bits and bobs in the range, the ones I have included are the Intense Hand Balm with Rose Oil and the Lemonaid Lip Aid with Lemon Oil, which is delicious!  Not that I eat it, but it does smell like homemade lemonade!  Yum!
The Intense Hand Balm is the best hand cream I've come across in ages.  You don't need very much and it doesn't have a really strong rose smell, which I like.  It goes on really thick, and for a few seconds feels a little sticky, but almost immediately my skin drinks it in and my hands feel soft straight away.  I have really really dry hands.  They are in and out of water (having to change nappies still I wash them like ten thousand times a day...), and I'm out in the dirt and muck at the farm with the horse and the sheep etc.  I'm so glad I tried it because this is going to remain in my cupboard for good.
The Lemonaid Lip Aid is very thick too, which means this little tube is going to last you an age.  As mentioned it reminds me of homemade lemonade.  It's really conditioning and leaves a lovely shine.  It's a got a handy twist on lid, which sounds a random thing to mention, but I hate lids popping of lip balms in my bag because they end up with fluff and dirt stuck all over them, so this is not an issue here.
 
Apart from this being made in Australia, I love how founder Kirsten Carriol thought back to the days on her Grandparent's South Australian sheep farm and remembered the simple benefits of the lanolin from the sheep.  There's also no nasties in these products, like parabens, petrolatum, mineral oil or sulfates, and they are also animal friendly. 
 
Being around sheep and a shearer I am aware that lanolin is an animal friendly product, it certainly doesn't hurt the sheep to be shorn, it's a necessity (not just because we want the wool), but it stops them getting fly blown and full of maggots (err, gross I know).  The lanolin comes out of the wool and is removed once the wool is off the sheep, so all the sheepies are none the wiser! 
 
Such a versatile animal, and great to have use for another product from sheep!
 




0 nhận xét:

Đăng nhận xét